Picture

Picture

About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
lol....i aint gonna say much, i usually dont, but here goes. Im easy going, think alot, i dont say much, but sometimes i say alot when it counts if u know what i mean. I like to do most things on my own and dont like help too much as some of my friends will tell u. I like to draw and have been drawing since i was in class 4. "Technically" i am also color blind (yeah u guessed it i draw most of my pics in black and white lol)...and hard of hearin (a great frustration for my friends).

Sunday, June 10, 2007

What a wet weekend. Its been raining since Friday, and with the way our house is structered, (not much sunlight) , its extra cold inside!

Movie news:

Though that didnt deter me from going out to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End. T'is about time!

SPOILER
The movie turned out to be very good! If I have one complaint, its how they utilized Admiral Norringtons character. I really liked his role in the first two films, but his role in this third film was diminished and came to a quick end. Apart from that, the story concluded very nicely for all of the characters involved and managed to put in alot of new characters. Pirates 3 did what I thought near impossible for it to do at its current state:

1- It made room for a sequel that you will ACTUALLY look forward to (I thought there was only soo much of Jack Sparrow and the others I could take, but this movie managed to get the magic back in, thanks to all the new characters and locations)
2- Orlando Bloom whom I didnt like in the first two really stood out in this third film. He seems to have matured as an actor. Though his fate in the film was predictable, it fits nicely into the overall story.

END SPOILER

So...if you havent already seen the three pirates of the caribbean movies, nows the best time to jump in!

In other news It was revealed that Warner Brothers has optioned Terry Brooks Shannara series! Exceptionaly exciting news for me since Ive read all of Terry's Shannara books to date and am a big fan of the series. I hold his Elf Stones of Shannara book (2nd to be released in the series) as my all time favorite novel. It gets better! WB will most likely start with this very Second book! For those who are familiar with the books will understand the reason behind this: The first book "The Sword of Shannara" mimics The fellowship of the ring for about the 1/3 of the book. It would be better to make it as a prequel.

Anime Related stuff:

After finishing the first part of Naruto based on the manga, I couldnt help but start Naruto: Shipuuden. Though the new character art turned me off initially, the anime has quickly picked up pace. Already 4 members of Akatsuki(spelling?) have been seen in combat, with more to come. Personally Garaa was my favorite character, which is all the more reason why Im enjoying the current story arc.
The latest episode of bleach wasnt bad either. The animation quality is QUITE noticably better.

Gamming news:

n
Not much to speak about here. Though I had intended to buy the Xbox360 earlier this year, there was an unexpected set back to that plan. Now it seems I'll be getting it QUITE a while later. Though my excitement for some of the games comming out for it hasnt waned one bit. Im still waiting on Mass Effect, Halo3, Too Human, GTA IV, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

The recent news of Starcraft II on the way is also something to be excited about! Blizzard seems to be sticking to the old formula for which im thankfull. Blizzard has been known to add polish to generes that make them standout from the rest of the crowd in a "Damn, Why are the rest like this?" kind of way. After seeing Starcraft II in motion I'm pretty sure they're gonna do it agian.

.
.
.
Well, life goes on, All my assignments have been submitted this session and Im left with just two exams on the 25th and 2nd of July respectively. Cash is always low though.........back to eating lots of salami sandwiches and Noodles I guess (brings back memories of my hostel years in FUIMCS back in Rawalpindi). The winters are getting colder so I bought this nice little hot water bottle (since my room is just too big for a heater to heat quickly). The bottle works like a charm when I tuck it into my comforter before going to bed.

As mentioned before, I hope my friend brings that Video camera I told him to bring! I have alot of videos to make of Sydney to send back to my family and friends back home...Im thinking of doing an episodic kinda thing.....heh cant wait!

No comments: